Sunday, August 08, 2010

don’t f***ing tell me what to do


Great Band - Jethro Tull donates to co-existence

"I didn’t feel the need to make any statement until I started receiving some very hateful communication from people representing different sides of this ongoing issue – from supposed human rights supporters to individuals, bodies and groups… there was some pretty nasty stuff," said Anderson.

"Basically what I wrote was, 'don’t f***ing tell me what to do.' And I have to say that since I posted the letter on my site, over the last two or three weeks, nobody has uttered a peep."

What Anderson actually wrote was his commitment, ala Leonard Cohen’s initiative in 2009, to donate his proceeds from the three shows to "bodies representing the development of peaceful co-existence between Muslims, Jews and Christians, and the fostering of better Palestinian/Israeli relations." The letter added that he didn’t "feel pressured by human rights groups, national interests or any individuals to perform or not to perform in Israel or anywhere else."


There should be a lot more of this!

“I make up my own mind in light of available facts, with my own experience and a sense of personal ethics.”

No comments: