Thursday, January 05, 2012

BROKEN PROMISE

I haven't said anything yet about the series "The Promise" recently shown on SBS because I recorded it (for home use only) and only finished watching it yesterday.

I will have more to say on this highly fictionalised account which will no doubt be used by the anti-Israel crowd and Jew bashing fraudsters for years to come and almost certainly disingenuously passed off as evenly remotely authentic by those who love to twist and distort the history of the conflict between Israel and the Arabs.

In the meantime, I have a question for my readers. My VCR ran out of tape five minutes early so I missed the ending.

Did the Grand Mufti win the Nobel Peace Prize in the final scene or did they award it posthumously to Hitler that year?

1 comment:

MNilan said...

Now also reported in the Jerusalem Post:
http://www.jpost.com/ArtsAndCulture/Arts/Article.aspx?id=253026
with a link to the ECAJ (Executive Council of Australian Jewry) letter to SBS.

A lot of work went into it:
http://www.jwire.com.au/news/the-promise-ecaj-complains-to-sbs/21719