Tuesday, April 01, 2008

AT THE ZOO

A biker was riding by the Melbourne Zoo, when he saw a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabbed her by the cuff of her jacket and tried to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumped off his bike, ran to the cage and hit the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumped back and let go of the girl. The biker then took her to her terrified parents, who thanked him profusely.

A reporter from a big city newspaper who was in town after a long stint in an overseas posting saw the whole scene, addressed the biker saying, "Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my whole life."

"Why, it was nothing," said the biker.

"Really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right."

"I noticed a patch on your jacket," said the journalist.

"Yeah, I ride with an Israeli motorcycle club," the biker replied.

"Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page."

The following morning, the biker found a broadsheet newspaper in his favourite little coffee shop and read all about his previous day’s heroics. The front-page headline read:

"ISRAELI GANG MEMBER ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who are the April Fools?